UFC president Dana White slams door on Nick Diaz vs. Anderson Silva superfight

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by truebluefan, Aug 3, 2012.

1. truebluefan Administrator

Cesar Gracie wrote this past week that he would respectfully ask UFC president Dana White to make a superfight between Nick Diaz (27-8 MMA, 7-5 UFC) and middleweight champ Anderson Silva (31-4, 14-0).

The answer to that request already is no, UFC president Dana White on Thursday toldMMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

"I can tell you this, not theoretically – Diaz/Anderson is not going to happen," he said. "That's just ridiculous."

Gracie said Diaz had recently returned to the gym with newfound passion. He said the UFC should promote the fight in a state other than Nevada, where Diaz currently is suspended for a second positive drug test for marijuana, or in another country where the UFC serves as the de-facto regulator.

"[Gracie] would have a better chance of convincing me, I don't know, to get hair plugs," White said.

Along with Silva vs. welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) and Silva vs. light heavyweight champ Jon Jones (16-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC), it was the latest in a line of theoretical matchups for the middleweight kingpin, who continues to sit atop the pound-for-pound rankings.

And according to White, it's the zaniest.

Read more: http://mmajunkie.com/news/30000/ufc...on-nick-diaz-vs-anderson-silva-superfight.mma